Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate Commerce Committee
A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways in which the government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. But the authors also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety.
Tags: workforce , management , government shutdown , Congress , Aerospace Industries Association , Consumer Federation of America , Deborah Hersman , Marion Blakey , Rachel Weintraub , NTSB , FAA , CPSC , NHTSA , FDA , Jared Serbu
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano starts on transportation security, ends up on cybersecurity
Congressional hearings usually stay close to the original topic. Sometimes, though, the wishes of the members of Congress can lead a hearing places one wouldn't expect.
Transportation Security Administration chief John Pistole pleaded with Thanksgiving travelers for understanding and urged them not to boycott full-body scans the day before the holiday.
Loopholes in the global aviation system beyond the control of the Homeland Security Department are stymieing steps to bolster screening, several federal officials told lawmakers.