Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate Armed Services Committee
DoD officials say as the number of troops shrink so should their real estate holdings. Lawmakers are wary about reducing troop and bases levels too much, and the expense of the Base Realignment and Closure process.
Jack Gansler is director of the Center for Public Policy & Private Enterprise at the University of Maryland's School of Public Policy and former Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics.
Top Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee are pressing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to spell out the "devastating effects" to the military if a special bipartisan panel fails to produce a deficit-cutting plan and nearly $1 trillion in defense cuts kick in.
North Korea and Iran pose serious nuclear and missile proliferation concerns for the United States and other nations and will be major considerations in the U.S ballistic missile defense review, Deputy Defense Secretary William J. Lynn III told the Senate Armed Services Committee. "The risks and dangers from missile proliferation are growing problems," Lynn said. "The president has made clear that we will move forward with missile defenses. They're affordable, proven and responsive to the threat." Lynn joined other defense leaders in describing the ballistic missile threat and reviews of missile defense policy and planning under way to address current as well as long-term security challenges.
The Senate Armed Services Committee has approved, by a voice vote, the nomination of Ashton Carter to be deputy secretary of defense.
Unemployment by returning members of the military is too high. Senator Patty Murray is moving to change that.
Twenty-three Washington Redskins players finished their third set of players-run practices Thursday morning with the hopes that the 14-week-old NFL lockout will be over before they have to think about working out again without their coaches.
The Army and Marine Corps are both in the early phases of deploying logistics accountability systems that will replace a collection of disconnected, stovepiped IT systems and processes that have grown up since the 1960s. Though the systems share the same objective, they were made by different vendors, prompting questions from one member of Congress.
Seven senators have requested an independent investigation by the Defense Department's inspector general into the accidental disclosure of technical data to rival bidders Boeing and EADS in the Air Force's refueling tanker competition.
Tags: DoD , contracting , Congress , Air Force , Boeing , EADS , Wendy Masiello , Maria Cantwell , Jerry Moran , Pat Roberts , Lindsay Graham , Charles Schumer , refueling tanker , Procurement Integrity Act , Jared Serbu