Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate
The Associated Press is reporting that an internal Navy document shows new plans to replace the president's fleet of helicopters will cost taxpayers more and take years longer to deliver than a recently scrapped contract. Rep. Maurice Hinchey said the Pentagon's plan to abandon aircraft built by Lockheed Martin Corp. and buy a new fleet with similar capabilities at a cost of up to $22 billion for delivery as late as in 2024 is "beyond illogical." He represents the district where the helicopters are made. The funding issue likely will boil over next week when House and Senate lawmakers meet to resolve differences over their respective defense spending bills.
Former Rep. Tom Davis says health care reform means more federal jobs.
Sec. Gates discusses the shortcomings of contracting and procurement policies
The General receives his fourth star in addition to the new command. He says the goal of the Cyber Command is to defend DoD networks.
FOIA "the power cord that connects the American people to their government."
The administration says the move to install Donald Berwick was critical for progress. Republican lawmakers are livid that the appointee will not face immediate scrutiny.