Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate
The White House is threatening to veto a bill that would repeal the 3 percent tax withholding on government contractors because of the spending cuts attached to the legislation. The Senate version of the bill would cut $30 billion in government spending to pay for repealing the tax, which the White House says is too much.
The Senate voted Thursday to approve President Barack Obama's nomination of former utility executive John Bryson to head the Commerce Department, easily overcoming conservatives' objections that his pro-environmental views made him unsuited for the job.
The final vote was 64-36 for the former Obama policy director.
Senior defense leaders told Congress they've already made huge steps toward implementing the recommendations of the Commission on Wartime Contracting. Former members of the panel say DoD still has a lot of work to do.
Tags: DoD , congress , Commission on Wartime Contracting , Dov Zakheim , Katherine Schinasi , Claire McCaskill , Frank Kendall , Brooks Bash , acqusition , management , Jared Serbu , Iraq , Afghanistan
James Lewis of the Center for Strategic and International Studies says the strategies of the chambers differ but the policies are actually similar.
The new bill, passed in the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, would require more consistent reporting of improper payments by federal agencies.
Tags: budget , congress , Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Improvement Act of 2011 , Tom Carper , Joe Lieberman , whistleblower protection , employee rotations , workforce , SES , management
Paul Singer, investigative editor at Roll Call, discusses the provisions of the Government Charge Card Abuse Prevention Act.
Sens. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) have asked the Defense Department to review its ANC contracts and to provide detailed reports on all contracts more than $20 million that went to small businesses in the last five years.
Virginia may lead the way for a constitutional amendment aimed at overturning federal laws.
The Senate voted to terminate further production of the Air Force's topline F-22 fighter jets Tuesday, giving President Barack Obama a major spending victory and siding with the Pentagon's desire for smaller jets better suited to 21st century wars. F-22 supporters complained the action would be a blow to long-term national defense - and cost thousands of jobs in the middle of the recession.