Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate
Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins, Senior Writer Sean Reilly,and NARFE Legislative Director Julie Tagen will discuss how government employees will be affected by proposed cuts to the federal budget.
February 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Congress , budget battle , budget cuts , retirement , Federal Times , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , NARFE , Julie Tagen , supercommittee , House , buyouts , Mike Causey , Your Turn
The bill does not include Senate-confirmed White House cyber coordinator position. It does include new requirements under the Clinger-Cohen Act around acquisition. The comprehensive legislation complements several of the administration's 2013 budget proposals.
Tags: technology , acquisition , contracting , cybersecurity , IT , FISMA , Jay Rockefeller , Congress , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Steven VanRoekel , Clinger-Cohen Act , 2013 budget , Jason Miller
Stan Collender, a partner at Qorvis Communications and a veteran of budget work on Capitol Hill, told In Depth with Francis Rose it's unlikely Congress will approve a full-year budget this year given the rapidly approaching election season.
The Government Accountability Office, Congressional Budget Office, Government Printing Office and Library of Congress testified before a House committee this week on their fiscal-year 2013 budget requests. While they vary in many ways, none stray too far from 2012 funding numbers that cut the agencies' budgets.
The battle over the budget is heating up once again. John Stanton, a House reporter at Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the buget debate on Capitol Hill and what it means for federal managers and employees.
A federal worker, who boxed in college and the Army, says in the last two years he's gone from a happy-go-lucky fed to feeling like he's fighting two opponents and the referee, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey say. So can this get any worse? Short answer, maybe.