Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate
The Comprehensive Contingency Contracting Reform Act of 2012 will attempt to fix many of the problems discovered by the Wartime Contracting Commission.
With a Capitol Hill rally Wednesday and a three-day legislative conference to follow, NTEU President Colleen Kelley discusses the union's priorities for the year ahead.
David Hawkings, the editor of the CQ-Roll Call Daily Briefing, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the congressional calendar, budget resolutions and the election-year politics that are sure to get in the way of lawmakers' work in passing agency budget.
Jenn Scholtes, who covers homeland security for CQ-Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the legislative wrangling over the Senate cybersecurity bill.
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs subcommittee on federal financial management, told In Depth with Francis Rose the comparison between the Postal Service and Detroit auto-makers may seem "unlikely." But the plan that turned around the bailed-out auto industry could prevent having to bail out the Postal Service in the first place.
Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins, Senior Writer Sean Reilly,and NARFE Legislative Director Julie Tagen will discuss how government employees will be affected by proposed cuts to the federal budget.
February 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Congress , budget battle , budget cuts , retirement , Federal Times , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , NARFE , Julie Tagen , supercommittee , House , buyouts , Mike Causey , Your Turn
The bill does not include Senate-confirmed White House cyber coordinator position. It does include new requirements under the Clinger-Cohen Act around acquisition. The comprehensive legislation complements several of the administration's 2013 budget proposals.
Tags: technology , acquisition , contracting , cybersecurity , IT , FISMA , Jay Rockefeller , Congress , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Steven VanRoekel , Clinger-Cohen Act , 2013 budget , jason miller