Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate
David Hawkings, the editor of the CQ-Roll Call Daily Briefing, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the congressional calendar, budget resolutions and the election-year politics that are sure to get in the way of lawmakers' work in passing agency budget.
Jenn Scholtes, who covers homeland security for CQ-Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the legislative wrangling over the Senate cybersecurity bill.
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs subcommittee on federal financial management, told In Depth with Francis Rose the comparison between the Postal Service and Detroit auto-makers may seem "unlikely." But the plan that turned around the bailed-out auto industry could prevent having to bail out the Postal Service in the first place.
Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins, Senior Writer Sean Reilly,and NARFE Legislative Director Julie Tagen will discuss how government employees will be affected by proposed cuts to the federal budget.
February 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Congress , budget battle , budget cuts , retirement , Federal Times , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , NARFE , Julie Tagen , supercommittee , House , buyouts , Mike Causey , Your Turn
The bill does not include Senate-confirmed White House cyber coordinator position. It does include new requirements under the Clinger-Cohen Act around acquisition. The comprehensive legislation complements several of the administration's 2013 budget proposals.
Tags: technology , acquisition , contracting , cybersecurity , IT , FISMA , Jay Rockefeller , Congress , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Steven VanRoekel , Clinger-Cohen Act , 2013 budget , Jason Miller
Stan Collender, a partner at Qorvis Communications and a veteran of budget work on Capitol Hill, told In Depth with Francis Rose it's unlikely Congress will approve a full-year budget this year given the rapidly approaching election season.