Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate
The Associated Press is reporting that an internal Navy document shows new plans to replace the president's fleet of helicopters will cost taxpayers more and take years longer to deliver than a recently scrapped contract. Rep. Maurice Hinchey said the Pentagon's plan to abandon aircraft built by Lockheed Martin Corp. and buy a new fleet with similar capabilities at a cost of up to $22 billion for delivery as late as in 2024 is "beyond illogical." He represents the district where the helicopters are made. The funding issue likely will boil over next week when House and Senate lawmakers meet to resolve differences over their respective defense spending bills.
Former Rep. Tom Davis says health care reform means more federal jobs.
Sec. Gates discusses the shortcomings of contracting and procurement policies
The General receives his fourth star in addition to the new command. He says the goal of the Cyber Command is to defend DoD networks.
FOIA "the power cord that connects the American people to their government."
The administration says the move to install Donald Berwick was critical for progress. Republican lawmakers are livid that the appointee will not face immediate scrutiny.