Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sen. Tom Carper
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.) said his subcommittee will take up the subject of energy conservation and the federal government when Congress goes back in session next week.
The Obama administration is taking a look at improper payments in the hopes of saving money, and Sen. Carper tells Federal News Radio about new legislation that could help.
In the world of federal contracting, no subject raises more controversy than award fees. A Senate committee yesterday got an update on the effort to strike the right balance when it comes to contractor incentives.
Sen. Carper's bill would create team of experts to break-in, fix federal networks. Sen. Lieberman, Rep. Thompson to introduce legislation to better protect electric grid.
Rep. Connolly wants to codify Chopra's role and give CTO more oversight over computer defenses. Rep. Watson also to introduce cyber bill this summer.
He outlines several priorities if confirmed, including further reducing improper payments and reducing the federal real property inventory. Werfel says DoD must better understand why a qualified audit helps them meet their mission.
Tags: management , Danny Werfel , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , VA , DoD , NASA , DHS , financial management , improper payments , Consolidated financial audits , real property
The Government Performance and Results Modernization Act of 2010, sponsored by Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Tex)is an update to the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) of 1993.
The Government Performance and Results Modernization Act of 2010 (GPRMA) is proposed to be an update of the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) of 1993
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
Tags: management , Jeffrey Zients , Bernice Steinhardt , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GAO , CMS , FEMA , Interior , NASA , NRC , VA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , EPA , Performance Improvement Council , GPRA , PART , performance management