Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Second Life
The promise, and the challenge, of virtual worlds and cloud computing.
Going beyond Facebook and Twitter for the government.
Agencies are turning to innovation challenges as a way to solve problems and get people from outside the government involved in coming up with solutions. The White House launched Challenge.gov Tuesday and 15 agencies already are using the platform to hold contests. DoD has four challenges on the platform looking at a variety of issues.
CyberWatch launches virtual cybersecurity world, Cameron Diaz tops list of riskiest celeb searches
Tags: Federal Drive , Cybersecurity Update , cybersecurity , McAfee , GAO , Cameron Diaz , Julia Roberts , Jessica Biel , Gisele Bundchen , Brad Pitt , Adriana Lima , Jennifer Love Hewitt , Nicole Kidman , Tom Cruise, Heidi Klum , Penelope Cruz , Anna Paquin
Let's face it, meetings are a necessary evil for the federal workforce. But what if you could use a collaboration tool that lets you participate digitally? The next generation of virtual collaboration tools are almost the next best thing to being there.
Over a year ago, the U.S. Army, and other branches of the military, were experimenting with the use of the virtual worlds social media site "Second Life" as a recruitment tool. Since that time, the military has branched out into using virtual worlds technology as a tool for collaboration. Now, civilian branches of government are looking to do the same thing. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas has our exclusive coverage of the Third annual Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds Conference, which concludes today at the National Defense University here in D.C..
Tags: technology , best practices , virtual worlds , Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds Conference , Army , Douglas Maxwell , U.S. Army Simulation and Training Center , MilLands , Paulette Robinson , iCollege , NDU , Barrack Obama , USDA , Max Cacas
WFED's Max Cacas reports.