Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sean Donelan
NIST, DHS experts say protecting smartphones and tablets shouldn't be any different than securing typical desktop or laptop computers. DHS will release mobile security reference architecture to help agencies understand common concepts. NIST is updating security control guide with 250 new requirements, including mobile controls.
WFED's Jason Miller has details; plus a preview of tomorrow's Federal Security Spotlight
Sean Donelan of the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS talks more about it.
Secretary Napolitano reorganizes how the agency oversees IT security. It's now more of a ‘command and control structure.'
Tags: technology , management , Janet Napolitano , Phil Reitinger , DHS , Secret Service , DoD , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cybersecurity , Cyber Command , TIC , Security line of business