Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Scott Gould
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: A new job for a former VA senior official; Countdown to cloud credential pilot begins
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , Veterans Affairs Department , CareFirst , cloud computing , USPS , identity management , DoD , Frank Kendall , Better Buying Power , OMB , OSTP , Dominic Sale , Nick Sinai , open government , open data , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Scott Gould's last day as the deputy secretary of the Veterans Affairs Department is today. In four years, Gould said he believes VA is a better place and does more to help veterans. He said the claims backlog is unacceptable, but the agency is making progress.
After four years as the second in charge, Scott Gould has decided to leave VA. His last day on the job will be May 17.
At the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations meeting, several employee representatives said the time has come for the committee to put more pressure on agencies to have more of the collaborative forums up and running well. During a time of budget reductions, possible furloughs and a government shutdown, the unions say the forums provide a way for agencies to better manage all of these fiscal challenges.
Tags: management , workforce , John Berry , OPM , Danny Werfel , OMB , VA , David Kappos , Patent and Trademark Office , Bill Dougan , NFFE , Michael Filler , International Brotherhood of Teamsters , David Holway , National Association of Government Employees , Robert Budens , Patent Office Professional Association , National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat , labor-management relations , Jason Miller
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.
Tags: Guantanamo prison , Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) , Wired Magazine , The Washington Post , Rep. Kathy Hochul (D-N.Y.) , TSA , Department of Veteran Affairs , National Federation of Federal Employees , Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) , Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) , Department of State , Hillary Rodham Clinton , Susan Rice , Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel wants agencies to create vendor management organizations to centralize how contractors work with departments. So far, four agencies are piloting the vendor management organizations. VanRoekel, who also wants agencies to use investment review boards more for strategic goals, said the use of both tools "very much align with our priorities to do more with less."
Tags: technology , management , Steven VanRoekel , David Kappos , Roger Baker , David Hayes , VA , PTO , Interior , IRS , vendor management organizations , investment review boards , Jason Miller , President
Labor to set up Chief Evaluation Office. VA to empower Performance Improvement Officer. USDA focuses on matching priorities with budget submission.
Tags: management , Seth Harris , Kathleen Merrigan , Peter Orszag , Tom Vilsack , Jeffrey Zients , USDA , Labor , OMB , VA , performance management , Chief Evaluation Officer , chief performance officer , performance improvement officer
White House hosts meeting with 50 CEOs from private sector companies to discuss how to incorporate best practices to make the government more effective and efficient. Chief performance officer Jeff Zients says the ideas from the meeting will be used to help agencies meet their three-to-eight high priority goals in 2010. The administration's goal is to change the way the government uses technology to serve citizens.
Tags: management , technology , Barack Obama , Jeff Zients , Jacob Lew , Bill Lynn , Tony Miller , David Hayes , White House , OMB , VA , DoD , Interior , education , State , management agenda , high priority goals
Deputy secretary Gould says investigation into alleged wrongdoings continue. He would not comment on possible disciplinary actions.