Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Scott Brown
The Senate Thursday approved a resolution marking the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Federal Executive Boards. The resolution, which was sponsored by Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii), commemorates the anniversary and notes the work played by the national communication network of the federal government.
The Acquisitions Reform Bill would require more robust use of Federal Strategic Sourcing vehicles — which allow the government to consolidate its shopping lists and buy in bulk, rather than have each agency pursue its own procurements.
Leaders in the Defense and Veterans Affairs departments say a new system that will let them jointly evaluate the disabilities of wounded servicemembers is a vast improvement over old procedures, but it will take another year or two before they can meet their goal of evaluating disabilities within 300 days.
Heather Higginbottom, President Obama's nominee to be deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget, likely will have her nomination sent to the full Senate by next week.
Improving the performance of federal contract audits is one way a Senate Committee us trying to root out waste, fraud and abuse.
Tags: contracting , management , Claire McCaskill , Patrick Fitzgerald , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Defense Contract Audit Agency , Project on Government Oversight , Nick Schwellenbach , contract audits , contract oversight , Scott Carr
Arnold Fields, the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction, failed to convince his congressional critics that he's qualified to handle his watchdog job.
Senators praise Lew for experience. Committee plans to vote on his nomination next week. Lew said technology, acquisition reform and performance management are among his top non-budget priorities.
Tags: management , Jack Lew , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , State Department , Peter Orszag , privacy , performance management , Jason Miller
Administrator Gordon says strategic sourcing is one way to ensure the government gets the lowest price and to consolidate existing contracts. Gordon also wants agencies to submit business cases for new multi-agency contracts, but doesn't commit to asking agencies to justify all types of multiple award contracts.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , Steve Kempf , John Needham , Rick Gunderson , Claire McCaskill , OFPP , GSA , GAO , NIH , NASA , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Interagency contracting , multiple award contracting , schedules , GWACs , Jason Miller