Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sammies 2013
With a career spanning 50 years at NASA, space scientist William Borucki has had a hand in man's exploration of the Moon and distant stars.
Dan Madrzykowski, a fire protection engineer at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, uses science to study blazes in order to come up with new firefighting techniques.
Martha Dorris played a key role in a slew of Web platforms that are helping citizens to better connect with government services. For that work, she has been named a finalist for the 2013 Service to America Medals.
The Partnership for Public Service recognized Manan Vyas, 29, for his work in aeronautical research by naming him a Call to Service Medal finalist.
For his three decades of work in developing severe weather forecasting models, the Partnership for Public Service has named Mark DeMaria a finalist for a Service to America Medal.
The Partnership for Public Service named Orice Williams Brown, the managing director of GAO's Financial Markets and Community Investment, a finalist for a 2013 Service to America Medal.
The Partnership for Public Service nominated Kevin Geiss, the Air Force's deputy assistant secretary for energy, for a 2013 Service to America Medal. Geiss' planning helped the service find $1 billion in savings through more efficient fuel usage.
The Partnership for Public Service named Dave Broomell, the project manager at the Social Security Administration's Chicago Region office, a 2013 Service to America Medal finalist in the Citizen Services category. The award recognizes feds who have made significant contributions in the area of citizen services.
David Vollman, staff ophthalmologist at the Veterans Health Administration in St. Louis, Mo., is a finalist for the 2013 Call to Service Medal.
The Partnership for Public Service named 31 individuals and teams as finalists for the 2013 Service to America Medals. The annual awards recognize outstanding work in public service.