Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sammies 2013
Each year, the Partnership for Public Service recognizes the outstanding achievements of dedicated federal workers with the Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medals.
Meet the nine federal employees who were honored Thursday night at the twelfth annual Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medals gala.
Andrew Rabens, 30, helps young people from the Middle East and North Africa to be come the next generation of leaders in the their communities.
During his 40-plus years in the federal service, Philip Rosenfelt, the Education Department's acting general counsel, has bolstered the rights of students and advanced the teaching profession through his work in education law.
The Partnership for Public Services nominated Supervisory Special Agent Seamus McElearney and a team of FBI agents for a 2013 Sammies Medal, for their investigation of the notorious Colombo and Bonanno La Cosa Nostra crime families.
Over a 12-month period, a deadly bacterial infection spread through one of the nation's top research hospitals, killing seven patients. A team of scientists used new techniques to identify the source of the infection and develop a treatment.
Dr. Michael M. Gottesman has spent four decades researching cancer cells and overseeing the development of anti-cancer drugs at the National Institutes of Health.
Michelle Colby, branch chief of Agricultural Defense at the Homeland Security Department, shepherds new vaccine through federal licensure process.
Dr. Johnathan Todd Weber, the chief of CDC's Prevention and Response Branch, led the team of experts who identified the source of a rare form of meningitis that threatened the lives of thousands.
Josh Silverman, director of the Department of Energy's Office of Sustainability Support, led a team that identified and eliminated 1 million tons of dangerous greenhouse gases that were being emitted from DoE facilities.