Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sammies 2010
Sammie nominee Pius Bannis of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in Haiti explains how he and his team helped get over 1,000 children to the United States.
Through aggressive enforcement actions, incentives and multi-faceted education campaigns, FDA stopping the distribution of hundreds of unapproved prescription drugs. Deborah Autor is the fed behind the effort.
We continue our Sammies Tracker series, speaking to finalists in this year's Service to America Medals from the Partnership for Public Service
Under enormous pressure, with little time to spare and no playbook to follow, the Treasury Department's newly created Office of Financial Stability (OFS) had to recruit highly qualified staff to administer TARP, build an operation from scratch, negotiate complex agreements to provide hundreds of billions of dollars, and ensure that their decisions were done according to the strict letter of the law and with strong fiscal controls. Timothy Massad, chief counsel, explains how they pulled that off.
His conviction that the Treasury's debt office was on the verge of disaster much like 2005 when the Federal Emergency Management Agency was ill-equipped to handle Hurricane Katrina led him to push for a complete overhaul of the risk management tools used to issue the national debt. Meet Karthik Ramanathan: SAMMIE finalist.
Special fed's work saved the Great Lakes.
At least half of the Service to America Medal winners relied on IT for their work.
It's time to start thinking about the 2011 Service to America Medals. Tim McManus from the Partnership for Public Service tells us how to nominate someone for the awards.
Host Derrick T. Dortch explores the Service to America medals and government layoffs around the country.
September 17, 2010
The devastation in Haiti was so overwhelming after the January earthquake, it might have paralyzed lesser people than our next guest. But this Homeland Security Department worker swung into action. As a result, there are hundreds of happy children scampering around the U.S. He is the Citizenship and Immigration Services field office director for Haiti, and the 2010 Federal Employee of the Year, Pius Bannis.