Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SSA
The Office of Personnel Management wants to promote a healthy lifestyle for all Federal employees. Experts say one key is paying close attention to the food we eat. Along those lines, an unusual and first-ever, cooking competition was held in the OPM Cafeteria.
Frank Baitman will resign as CIO from the agency in August. His decision comes a few weeks after agency commissioner reorganized the agency's IT functions. OPM's Bill Zielinski also is returning to SSA to be the San Francisco regional commissioner.
Philip Wolgrin is an immigration policy analyst at The Center for American Progress.
A number of functions will move out of the Social Security Administration's (SSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer, according to an email obtained by Federal News Radio. SSA is looking for ways to address funding reductions in its 2011 budget.
The Social Security Administration's process for citizens to file claims can create just as much wasteful spending as intentional fraud.
Find out what changes The Social Security Administration needs to make to one of its programs. Daniel Bertoni is the director of education, Workforce, and Income Security Issues at GAO.
Get a better picture of how other agencies are handling hiring reform. Dr. Reginald Wells is the Chief human capital officer at the Social Security Administration.
For every two vacancies in the Air Force civilian ranks, only one person will be hired.
The chairman of the subcommittee on federal financial management said legislation may be needed to ensure agency accounting procedures are focusing on stopping improper payments. He said progress across the government is good, but more tools are necessary. OMB is testing the Do Not Pay List and plans to launch the full portal in 2012.
Tags: management , Todd Platts , Danny Werfel , OMB , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , CMS , DoD , VA , DHS , improper payments , Do Not Pay List , Recovery audits , internal controls , Jason Miller
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , NTEU , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , DoT , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough , budget 2011