Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SSA
What do federal workers and Thanksgiving turkeys have in common? Mike Causey thinks he knows and you aren't going to like the answer.
New rules will help reduce the time it takes to decide applications for disability benefits from those persons with the most severe disabilities. Commissioner Michael Astrue explains.
The backlog of claims by federal employees who are retiring is growing larger. OPM said it takes more than 100 days to process a claim. OPM Director John Berry said the agency is increasing the claims processing staff and looking at ways technology can improve the process.
Tags: pay and benefits , technology , John Berry , William Zielinski , Matt Perry , Vivek Kundra , OPM , OMB , Retirement Systems Modernization , retirement benefits processing , Jason Miller , Max Cacas
The administration conducts its first set of reviews of the three-to-eight high priority goals each agency set last year. OMB is encouraging agencies to conduct their own reviews in order to keep focus on meeting the objectives. All agency performance information eventually will be made public through a new portal, Performance.gov.
SSA Commissioner Michael Astrue has taken extra funding, both from Congress' annual appropriations and from the Recovery Act, and invested in staffing and technology to fight the case backlog, Government Executive reports.
The Social Security Administration is renewing a computer matching program with the Office of Personnel Management, the CCH website reports.
OMB finds that most website and call center operations are separate and don't work well together. Some agencies are following the private sector's lead by offering multiple channels to serve citizens. CMS and GSA both use online tools to answer questions more quickly and reliably.
GSA will unveil the Challenge.gov platform in the next few months where all agency competitions will be posted. Some agencies already are asking experts and employees for help. NASA will run 34 competitions before the end of December.
According to a post on FedBizOpps.gov, the agency is looking for a company to provide it with extermination services, including the use of a Bed Bug Heat Treatment Oven.
If you're not convinced of the value of going paperless, consider this: New York City has a major bedbug infestation, and the pests have spread to the Social Security Administration's regional offices in Queens, N.Y.