Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SPC Financial
Certified financial planner Art Stein joined The Federal Drive with a look at how this year shaped up for federal employees' pocketbooks.
Okay, so August wasn't the best month for the Thrift Savings Plan. But is that any reason to panic? No, says guest analyst Arthur Stein, who joins us for our look back at the TSP for last month. But he says instead of panic, do some thoughtful reflection on where your money is going in the TSP, and whether it's a good idea to perhaps switch into a new TSP investment tool which is expected to be available to feds next year - the Roth TSP.
With the steadily, but slowly rising American economy, and economic storm clouds over Europe, how did the Thrift Savings Plan fare in April? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas has the latest edition of our monthly feature, "TSP Snapshot".
TSP returns were down last month. Pay freeze talk heats up. Certified Financial Planner Arthur Stein offers some advice.
When it comes to the Thrift Savings Plan, feds are told that its always best to take the long-range view of this vehicle for your retirement savings. This was true for the month of September, as we learn in the latest edition of our monthly feature, "TSP Snapshot". Guest analyst Arthur Stein, a certified financial planner with SPC Financial in Rockville, says the keyword last month was "recovery". Also: a primer on the C Fund.
For richer or poorer but richer's better, and together is best. Certified financial planner Arthur Stein tells us how you can make that happen.
Financial planners say that when it comes to the Thrift Savings Plan, its always useful to invest for the long-haul. That may be good advice for federal employees based on the performance of the TSP in January. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas has the latest edition of our new monthly feature, TSP Snapshot.