Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SES
OPM is hoping to launch the Veterans Hiring Initiative next week. Director Berry also planning to kick-off an initiative to pair SESers with universities to bring on new workers. Berry says a formal proposal for long-term changes to civil service could be ready by next summer.
Now the agency wants to hear from others about these ideas and their own recommendations on how to fix federal HR processes. Director Berry offers to get rid of the GS system, expand who can receive bonuses and bolster training.
Director Berry says the agency will approve all political conversations to career positions, not just those during an election year. OPM also will approve political appointees who left government in the last five years and want to come back as a career employee.
Federal News Radio goes out on a limb to give you our predictions for 2010.
Who's going from fed to PAS (Presidential Appointment with Senate confirmation)? The Senior Executives Association has a scorecard.
Originally aired 01/16 -- Hosts Debra Roth and Kate Fulton will be joined by federal career coach Lily Whiteman to discuss tips on moving up in the federal government and getting into the SES.