Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SEC
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts take a look back at the first year of the Jobs Act, and discuss how energy companies could benefit from the government's green initiatives.
April 4, 2013
GAO's Mark Gaffigan talks about how the federal government will experience increased fiscal exposure due to climate change. Gary Somerset discusses the GPO's new Pinterest page. On Legal Loop, procurement attorney Joe Petrillo discusses a change in status for the Alaska Native Corporations. John Plaguta of the Partnership for Public Service discusses the critical skills gaps in the federal workplace. Former SEC Chairman Harvey Pitt talks about rule writing in the wake of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
Tags: Federal Drive , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Mark Gaffigan , GAO , Gary Somerset , GPO , Pinterest , Joe Petrillo , Petrillo and Powell , Alaska Native Corporations , John Palguta , Harvey Pitt , Dodd-Frank
Cindy Auten of the Telework Exchange talks about a new report on BYOD. Robert Khuzami explains why he is stepping down as the SEC's enforcement director. Peter Schroeder of The Hill newspapers discusses the looming debt-ceiling showdown.
Tags: Cindy Auten , telework , Telework Exchange , Robert Khuzami , Peter Schroeder , The Hill , Congress , debt ceiling , Federal Drive , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , BYOD
Mary Schapiro is stepping down as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission after helping lead the Obama administration's regulatory response to the 2008 financial crisis.
A number of agencies have made high-profile migrations to cloud platforms and the Obama administration has issued sweeping guidance mandating agencies identify and transition services and applications to host in the cloud. For a look at how agencies are faring in their shifts to the cloud and the issues they continue to face, the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp hosted a panel discussion, "Clearing the Fog Around Cloud Computing," sponsored by Level 3 Communications.
Thomas Bayer, the SEC CIO, said he reduced his operations and maintenance spending by $15.5 million last year and used those savings for business and mission systems.
The federal government is saddled with the reputation of a stodgy, stunted work environment where the status quo rules the day. But the problem isn't that federal employees don't have bright ideas for doing business differently. The problem is that too often agency leadership fails to encourage employees to think outside the box or to reward them when they do so.