Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SDVOSB
The Internal Revenue Service said Wednesday it is seeking to cut its business relationship with a firm that may have had inside access to the agency's procurement decisions. Lawmakers also questioned agency decisions to award the company special status as veteran-owned and serving economically-disadvantaged areas.
Veterans service organizations say despite attempts at improvement, the Department of Veterans Affairs' verification process for veteran-owned small businesses is still barring legitimate firms from contracts with the department, while doing little to deter actual fraud.
Tags: VA , Congress , acquisition , acquisition policy , veterans , Service-disabled veteran owned small business , Joe Wynn , Davy Leghorn , Mark Goldschmitt , Center for Veterans Enterprise , Jared Serbu
Tom Johnson and Alice Lipowicz from Set Aside Alert join host Mark Amtower to discuss 2012's biggest federal stories.
January 28, 2013(Encore presentation February 4, 2013)
Author Steve Koprince will talk about his book and the challenges facing small business contractors.
July 9, 2012(Encore presentation August 6, 2012)