Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SDVOSB
The Internal Revenue Service said Wednesday it is seeking to cut its business relationship with a firm that may have had inside access to the agency's procurement decisions. Lawmakers also questioned agency decisions to award the company special status as veteran-owned and serving economically-disadvantaged areas.
Veterans service organizations say despite attempts at improvement, the Department of Veterans Affairs' verification process for veteran-owned small businesses is still barring legitimate firms from contracts with the department, while doing little to deter actual fraud.
Tags: VA , Congress , acquisition , acquisition policy , veterans , Service-disabled veteran owned small business , Joe Wynn , Davy Leghorn , Mark Goldschmitt , Center for Veterans Enterprise , Jared Serbu
Tom Johnson and Alice Lipowicz from Set Aside Alert join host Mark Amtower to discuss 2012's biggest federal stories.
January 28, 2013(Encore presentation February 4, 2013)
Author Steve Koprince will talk about his book and the challenges facing small business contractors.
July 9, 2012(Encore presentation August 6, 2012)