Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBINet
A Defense Department program to share military equipment with federal, state and local agencies could ease budget pressure at the Homeland Security Department. Already, Customs and Border Protection has used military drones and radar-equipped airships to track drug smugglers and human traffickers.
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Originally aired August 10th at 3:05pm
Tags: technology , border security , Secure Border Initiative , Greg Giddens , DHS , john macdonald , CBP , judge david neal , pt wright , US-VISIT , elaine dezenski , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza , Unisys
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano has ordered a departmentwide reassessment of the $6-to-8 billion SBInet program.
A string of technical glitches and delays has put the virtual fence in jeopardy. Two months ago, Napolitano ordered a reassessment of the project that has thus far cost the government $672 million.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano testifies about her most recent factfinding visit with Mexican officials, and also about the status of a Bush Administration-ordered "virtual fence", which many in government now consider an expensive failure.
The GAO reports DHS has not effectively managed key aspects of SBInet testing.
While the SBINet isn't all it was cracked up to be, the Chair of a House Homeland Security Subcommittee says parts have been a smashing success.
DHS and Boeing understand that they must show successes in 2010 or risk major changes to the initiative. Lawmakers express frustration over lack of progress after three years, $1.1 billion.
Tags: contracting , technology , Mark Borkowski , Richard Stana , Bennie Thompson , Loretta Sanchez , Christopher Carney , DHS , CBP , GAO , House Homeland Security Committee , Boeing , Timothy Peters , Secure Border Initiative ,