Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBA
A new memo from OFPP and OMB tells agencies to improve training to buy more from small businesses through the government charge card.
Whistleblowers at government contractors need better protections against reprisal and need to know how to contact agency inspectors general. Two IGs and a whistleblower awaiting trial were among the witnesses at a hearing of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Reform Subcommittee on Contracting Oversight. It is considering legislation to extend federal whistleblower protections to all contractors, subcontractors and local governments receiving federal funds.
Tags: Contracting , whistleblowers , Senate , Claire McCaskill , Rob Portman , Walter Tamosaitis , Hanford Waste Treatment Plan , Energy , DoD , Marguerite Garrison , Peggy Gustafson , Recovery Act , transparency , URS , Bechtel , Emily Kopp
Joseph Jordan will begin his new job in mid-December as adviser to OMB Deputy Director Jeff Zients, an OMB spokeswoman told Federal News Radio. He joined the Small Business Administration in March 2009.
Dr. Winslow Sargeant will be the new chief counsel for advocacy of the Small Business Administration.
Scott Denniston, executive director of programs at the National Veteran-Owned Business Association, discusses the barriers to veterans getting small business contracts.
Guy Timberlake is co-founder of the American Small Business Coalition.
Three senators are calling for a Government Accountability Office investigation to ensure federal contracts are actually going to businesses owned by veterans and service-disabled vets.
The inspectors general at the General Services Administration and the Small Business Administration propose the government prosecute small business contract fraud based on the contract amount instead of the financial loss to the government.
By law, agencies do not have to follow GAO's recommendations — but most do, says William Welch, chair of the Government Contracts Practice Group at General Counsel.