Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBA
Just days after President Barack Obama officially asked Congress for the authority to consolidate federal agencies, the administration has announced interim steps it will take to promote business and trade. They include the launch of a website focused on making it easier for businesses — particularly small ones — to work with the government.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm and a former deputy administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose
The Veterans Affairs Department's process for verifying eligibility in the service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses program could become standard procedure for all agencies. VA is the only department that checks to make sure contractors are eligible.
Small businesses in 34 industries can earn more money and still be considered small by the government.
Lawmakers on the House Small Business Committee introduced three bipartisan bills Wednesday aimed at contracting reform.
Tags: contracting , acquisition , Joe Walsh , Gerry Connolly , Jaime Herrera Beutler , Kurt Schrader , Bobby Schilling , Judy Chu , Sam Graves , Mick Mulvaney , House Small Business Committee , transparency
Steven Schooner, co-director of the Government Procurement Law program at the school, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin with his take on Jordan's nomination and what's ahead for the federal contracting community.
President Barack Obama announced Friday his plans to nominate Joseph Jordan, a former Small Business Administration official, to head the Office of Federal Procurement Policy.
A bill introduced in the House aims to increase the subcontracting transparency and pass-through contracts to large companies.
President Barack Obama will send Congress a bill in the coming weeks to reinstate the president's authority to consolidate agencies, said Lisa Brown, the Office of Management and Budget executive leading the government reform effort. She said the bill would require proposals to "reduce the number of agencies or save costs."