Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBA
The service will use both penalties and incentives to get their program offices and large businesses to award more prime and subcontracts to small firms. The Air Force issued a new small business improvement plan that details three goals to increase both the percentage of contracts and dollars going to small companies.
Some of the biggest contracts for small businesses are awarded to companies that are not that small, according to a recent report from the American Small Business League. Brian Reeder, the league's communications director, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the report's findings.
There's waste and confusion among the six trade- and business-focused agencies that the White House wants to consolidate. That's the conclusion of four panelists who debated the merits of the proposed merger at the American Enterprise Institute, a free-market Washington think tank. They disagreed, however, on the best solution.
President Barack Obama has asked Congress to let his administration reshape the way the federal government is structured — a power the office of the President last held in 1984.
Just days after President Barack Obama officially asked Congress for the authority to consolidate federal agencies, the administration has announced interim steps it will take to promote business and trade. They include the launch of a website focused on making it easier for businesses — particularly small ones — to work with the government.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm and a former deputy administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose
The Veterans Affairs Department's process for verifying eligibility in the service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses program could become standard procedure for all agencies. VA is the only department that checks to make sure contractors are eligible.
Small businesses in 34 industries can earn more money and still be considered small by the government.
Lawmakers on the House Small Business Committee introduced three bipartisan bills Wednesday aimed at contracting reform.
Tags: contracting , acquisition , Joe Walsh , Gerry Connolly , Jaime Herrera Beutler , Kurt Schrader , Bobby Schilling , Judy Chu , Sam Graves , Mick Mulvaney , House Small Business Committee , transparency