Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBA
The Obama administration has pushed agencies to increase contracting opportunities with small business, most notably creating a governmentwide task force to share best practices. Yet the federal government on a whole has continued to miss its 23 percent small business contracting goal. Federal News Radio examines this issue as part of our special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
Vietnam Veterans of America alleges the Veterans Affairs Department's service-disabled veteran-owned business set aside program is keeping legitimately qualified companies from competing for VA contracts. The group advocates loosening a rule that requires service-disabled veterans maintain unconditional control of all business decisions.
Tags: Veteran Affairs , contracting , Congress , Bill Johnson , Thomas Leney , Ruben Gomez , Rick Weidman , Vietnam Veterans of America , Small business contracting , industry , House Veterans Affairs Committee
GAO highlights a need for tighter controls to fix the contracting program.
Acting Director Jeff Zients asks SBA and the FAR Council to create a proposed rule to change the acquisition regulations calling for prime contractors to pay small subcontractors more quickly.
The Government Accountability Office assessed the performance of seven federal agencies in migrating some of their services to the cloud as required by the Office of Management and Budget. Five of the seven agencies succeeded in meeting OMB's requirements and the other two are expected to be compliant by year's end.
Author Steve Koprince will talk about his book and the challenges facing small business contractors.
July 9, 2012(Encore presentation August 6, 2012)
SBA released data today that showed the amount of total dollars going to small firms is down as are the overall percentage of contracts small businesses won in 2011. Agencies made only one governmentwide goal for SDBs last year.
Procurement chief Joe Jordan and SBA Administrator Karen Mills highlighted three long-time challenges in a new memo to senior agency officials. Agencies have until July 9 to detail steps they will take to address three areas.
Federal employees were less satisfied with their pay after the two-year pay freeze went into effect in 2010, according to a report by the Partnership for Public Service. Although higher-ranking feds were most satisfied with their pay, the highest-ranking feds — those at the SES level — had the biggest dip in pay satisfaction over the previous year.