Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBA
Nick Nayak, Kevin Boshears, and Peter Ko from the Department of Homeland Security will discuss how strategic sourcing has helped the agency achieve its small business goals.
May 14, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , DHS , Nick Nayak , Kevin Boshears , small and disadvantaged business , small business , strategic sourcing , strategic sourcing program office , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
Karen Mills, the head of the Small Business Administration, is resigning. Mills says she will stay on until a successor is confirmed.
The Small Business Administration and the American Federation of Government Employees inked a new three-year deal Thursday, extending a number of flexible workplace policies to more than 2,000 federal employees. Among the new benefits are streamlined telework privileges and the ability for employees to opt in to a four-day work-week with expanded hours each day.
Tom Johnson and Alice Lipowicz from Set Aside Alert join host Mark Amtower to discuss 2012's biggest federal stories.
January 28, 2013(Encore presentation February 4, 2013)
The Presidential Innovation Fellows Program and SBA launch RFP-EZ to make finding and bidding on Web and digital services contracts worth $150,000 or less easier. The team of three found the six-month project also could test out tools for contracting officers to write better RFPs.
Khem Sharma discusses the Small Business Administration's plans to raise size standards for companies in two groups. Dr. Murray Lumpkin of the FDA talks about the close coordination between two countries. Stuart Delery explains how the Justice Department recovered $5 billion under the False Claims Act last year.
Kaiser Permanente CEO George Halvorson talks e-health records. Also, BGov reporter Richard Stein gives an update on SBA's consideration of size standards by industry.
Federal agencies already have had a hard time meeting their goal to award 3 percent of contract dollars to small businesses located in Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone). But the 2010 Census wiped out more than 30 percent of the HUBZone companies certified by the Small Business Administration — leaving agencies searching for new firms and decertified firms trying to figure out what's next.
Tags: HUBZone , contracting , David Spinazzolo , Metropolitan Laboratories , Mark Crowley , HUBZone Contractors National Council , John Shoraka , set-asides , Jolie Lee , small business , Small Business Dilemma , exclusive
Joe Jordan has led the Office of Federal Procurement Policy for a little more than two weeks. But he's wasting no time setting priorities. Jordan spoke to In Depth with Francis Rose as part of Federal News Radio's week-long special report, Inside the World's Biggest Buyer.