Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBA
The Internal Revenue Service said Wednesday it is seeking to cut its business relationship with a firm that may have had inside access to the agency's procurement decisions. Lawmakers also questioned agency decisions to award the company special status as veteran-owned and serving economically-disadvantaged areas.
The Justice Department successfully prosecuted executives in companies for obtaining contracts under SBA's 8(a) program worth more than $153 million. The court found two of the executives guilty on Friday and six others pleaded guilty.
The Small Business Administration announced Tuesday it has lined up pledges from more than 120 banks to increase lending to veterans.
Nick Nayak, Kevin Boshears, and Peter Ko from the Department of Homeland Security will discuss how strategic sourcing has helped the agency achieve its small business goals.
May 14, 2013
Tags: acquisition , Contracting , DHS , Nick Nayak , Kevin Boshears , small and disadvantaged business , small business , strategic sourcing , strategic sourcing program office , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
Karen Mills, the head of the Small Business Administration, is resigning. Mills says she will stay on until a successor is confirmed.
The Small Business Administration and the American Federation of Government Employees inked a new three-year deal Thursday, extending a number of flexible workplace policies to more than 2,000 federal employees. Among the new benefits are streamlined telework privileges and the ability for employees to opt in to a four-day work-week with expanded hours each day.
Tom Johnson and Alice Lipowicz from Set Aside Alert join host Mark Amtower to discuss 2012's biggest federal stories.
January 28, 2013(Encore presentation February 4, 2013)
The Presidential Innovation Fellows Program and SBA launch RFP-EZ to make finding and bidding on Web and digital services contracts worth $150,000 or less easier. The team of three found the six-month project also could test out tools for contracting officers to write better RFPs.