Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBA
While agencies missed their overall small business goal in 2012, they did meet the governmentwide goals for small disadvantaged businesses and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses. House Small Business Committee Chairman Sam Graves (R-Mo.) said the results are "unacceptable."
Tags: Small business contracting , small business goals , contracting , acquisition , John Shoraka , Sam Graves , Congress , House Small Business Committee , Cris Young , Small Business Chamber of Commerce , Jason Miller
Chase Garwood, the SBA acting CIO, said the agency is working with DHS and Justice to improve the security of its internal and external customer-facing systems.
May 1, 2013
The SBA updated regulations governing how small businesses represent their size and status in order to guard against businesses falsely representing themselves as "small" to garner government contracts.
The Internal Revenue Service said Wednesday it is seeking to cut its business relationship with a firm that may have had inside access to the agency's procurement decisions. Lawmakers also questioned agency decisions to award the company special status as veteran-owned and serving economically-disadvantaged areas.
The Justice Department successfully prosecuted executives in companies for obtaining contracts under SBA's 8(a) program worth more than $153 million. The court found two of the executives guilty on Friday and six others pleaded guilty.
The Small Business Administration announced Tuesday it has lined up pledges from more than 120 banks to increase lending to veterans.
Nick Nayak, Kevin Boshears, and Peter Ko from the Department of Homeland Security will discuss how strategic sourcing has helped the agency achieve its small business goals.
May 14, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , DHS , Nick Nayak , Kevin Boshears , small and disadvantaged business , small business , strategic sourcing , strategic sourcing program office , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
Karen Mills, the head of the Small Business Administration, is resigning. Mills says she will stay on until a successor is confirmed.