Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SBA
VA, SBA, EPA and HUD are the first to go through the review process and see dramatic changes. OMB controller Werfel said the goal for each agency is to invest only in top priorities, saving $1 billion a year by eliminating or reducing the size of agency modernization projects.
Tags: technology , management , Danny Werfel , Jeff Zients , Doug Criscitello , Roger Baker , OMB , VA , HUD , EPA , financial systems modernization , FLITE , IT Dashboard , financial systems advisory board , jason miller
The council will hold three meetings with Alaskan Native and Native American vendors to seek their ideas on how best to write new regulations for sole source contracts in the 8(a) business development program. Congress required new rules for when agencies can give these firms sole source contracts worth more than $20 million.
Learn more from the SBA's latest Scorecard
The conference is taking place all this week at the Omni Shoreham Hotel here in D.C.
Five years after hurricanes Katrina and Rita, doubts over SBA's efficiency, effectiveness emerge
The Justice Department's new report finds that the number of partial documents released last year increased by 50,000. Many agencies also reduced their backlog of FOIA requests. Agencies say some of improvements can be attributed to increased attention across the government and better technology.
As part of its latest undercover operation, the Government Accountability Office obtained certification in the Historically Underutilized Business Zone program for three phony firms. SBA's Joe Jordan tells us about changes being made to HUBZone as a result.
Grande Lum will lead a program that has been plagued by fraud and abuse. GAO successfully received HUBZone certifications for three bogus firms in sting operation. SBA administrator promises more oversight of the program.
The administration is looking for ways to improve contracting with small businesses and wants the public's input.
Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year, Kalimex, reopened the stairs to the crown in the Statue of Liberty for the first time since 9/11, ensuring visitors' safe ascent up the famous double helix stairway to the observation level in the statue's crown. Vice-president Kevin O'Brien walks us through it.