Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SAVE Awards
The General Services Administration announced it will five cost-saving ideas generated by GSA employees. The ideas will save the agency more than $5.53 million and include phasing out a redundant employee survey and changing the default settings on printers.
President Obama makes announcement on Monday.
Colorado VA employee wins grass-roots competition for ideas to save government money; President says contest will be annual affair.
More than 18,000 feds have completed the sentence "I suggest you..." We get an update from OMB's Kenneth Baer, Associate Director for Strategic Planning and Communications
In a memo to agency financial managers, Danny Werfel set a July 31 deadline for three broad initiatives to reduce spending. Agency CFOs also must rank their employees' SAVE Award ideas for implementation and begin sharing best practices to root out waste, fraud and abuse.
Jeffrey Zients has been the federal chief performance officer for a little over a year now.
Huston Prescott from Alaska says streamlining redundant inspections of subsidized housing would save inspectors' time and taxpayers' money. Subsidized housing units all across the country receive funds from many different grant programs.
OMB wants federal employees to submit ideas for how to reduce spending and make agency services more efficient. The winner will present their idea to the President and it will be included in the 2011 budget.