Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SANS Institute
Alan Paller, the director of research at the SANS Institute, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the a proposed cybersecurity bill that the Senate has moved closed toward debating.
Alan Paller, the director of research at the SANS Institute, and Larry Allen, of Allen Federal Business Partners, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
The Senate is set to take up comprehensive cyber legislation in January that already is causing experts heartburn. Provisions to give the Homeland Security Department more authorities, including taking "any lawful action" to stop cyber attacks against systems holding federal data, are coming under fire. Industry experts are optimistic Congress will pass major cyber reform.
Alan Paller, the vice president for research at the SANS Institute told In Depth with Francis Rose the appointment of Mark Weatherford to head the DHS cyber division has reinvigorated the agency's operations.
The SANS Institute has awarded Los Alamos the 2011 U.S. National Cybersecurity Innovation Award for cloud computing security. The lab was the victim of a serious security breach in 1999.
SafeGov.org aims to provide government with a greater understanding of the benefits of cloud computing.
Tags: cloud computing , Industry , Vivek Kundra , Karen Evans , best practices , acquisition , Contracting , Jolie Lee , budget , Chertoff Group , Civitas Group , Harris Corporation , Juniper Networks , KE&T Partners , L3 Stratis , Lockheed Martin , Microsoft , Peerstone Research , Ponemon Institute, , Smarsh , KE&T Partners
List details the 25 software programming security bugs.
Vice President for Research
Oct. 23rd, 2008
Alan Paller, San Institute &
John Gilligan, The Gilligan Group
March 5, 2009