Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: SAMMIES 2011
Dr. C. Norman Coleman's daily duties immerses him in what "most people don't want to think about," and for his exceptional work on radiation, he is a SAMMIES finalist.
The economic problems of the past few years have taken their toll on local governments, including police departments. We learn how building partnerships with the private sector landed DOJ's Zoe Mentel a seat at this year's SAMMIE finalist table.
NASA has been collaborating on innovative ideas and technologies dealing with such global challenges as water resources, clean air, health care and energy. We get details from team leader, and SAMMIE nominee, Diane Powell.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) proves effective in matching up missing persons reports to unidentified remains, according to Charles Heurich, the program manager of NamUs.
Oliver Fischer is a demographer and a conflict monitoring and response officer with the U.S. Census Bureau and a Sammies award finalist.
Your agency will function just fine after a major disaster. Richard Reed is the special assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and Senior Director for Resilience Policy at the Executive Office of the President. He's also the man that made that possible.
Alfonso Batres' life has been dedicated to one important mission—addressing the needs of our nation's veterans and their families. We talk with him about that and it led him to become a finalist in thie year's Service to America Medals.
Sammies finalist, EPA's Katherine Antos, describes her work as "very gratifying". We find out why and what she's done to be a finalist.
The SAMMIES pay tribute to America's dedicated federal workforce, highlighting those who have made significant contributions to our country. We get nomination tips from the Partnership for Public Service's Max Stier.