Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ruben Gomez
The Postal Service should once again offer government-backed savings and accept deposits like it did in 1911, an expert said. Those services have proved to be effective money- makers in foreign postal systems, generating up to 50 percent of their revenue.
The Financial Services and General Government spending bill seeks to cut $2 billion from the president's request. The bill says nothing about granting feds a pay raise in 2013. The House committee follows the lead of Senate appropriators, which also remained silent on the issue.
The best way to prepare for November's presidential election is to avoid political distractions. Managers also should prepare a list of programs they wish to cut.
With the plan, defense leaders hope to harness the best that wireless technology can offer. The strategy includes goals for secure information sharing via voice, video and data feeds. It also promotes app development.
Contractors warn of possible layoffs due to potential budget cuts. Some companies are in waiting mode to see what happens with Congress over the next six months.
Researchers are struggling to agree on the best method for comparing public and private sector compensation. Some analysts say the use of differing methods results in wildly varied conclusions.
Tighter budgets and the threat of sequestration have not discouraged the Defense Department from increasing the size of its acquisition workforce, officials said. DoD is adding 20,000 employees to buy more efficiently.
OPM Director John Berry reminded agency leaders that they must seek approval from his agency before placing political appointees in some jobs. The guidelines also include a ban of certain incentive awards.
OPM Director John Berry said the agency changed the annual survey to give agencies more insight into the morale and thoughts of their employees. Berry said agencies in their zeal to cut budgets shouldn't forget the importance of training.
Janet Wolfenbarger will lead the Air Force Materiel Command, which is a key organization for current and future weapons systems. She promoted the Air Force's "culture of diversity" as the reason for her new rank.