Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Roy Smith
Roy Smith of the Interactive Technology Group talks about his career in procurement. Anthony Vegliante of the USPS says no more buyouts. Kevin Concannon of the USDA discusses support for hurricane victims. IBM's Dan Chenok reviews the challenges President Obama may face in his second term.
Tags: Interactive Technology Group , acquisitions , Anthony Vegliante , USPS , Agency of the Month , Kevin Concannon , USDA , Hurricane Sandy , Dan Chenok , Center for Business of Government , IBM Center for the Business of Government , Federal Drive
Todd Ramsey of IBM and Jonathan Breul, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government, offer the contractor's point of view on acquisition. Carolyn Colvin of the Social Security Administration details a new program to help veterans apply for disability. Roy Smith of ITG discusses the Rapid Acquisition Program.
With a $500 billion budget, the United States is the world's biggest buyer, and Defense is the biggest piece of that pie. The Rapid Acquisition Program has kicked into overdrive to help warfighters in Iraq and Afghanistan. Roy Smith, an executive vice president at ITG and a member of the executive advisory council of the National Contract Management Association, discusses how the program works and how industry views its achievements.