Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Route 1
The government's adoption of mobile devices is only in its early stages. People hear about "wonderful, sexy new tools that are available for individuals, and we ask the question of ourselves, 'Why can they've be available in a working setting within government or industry?'" said one government technology expert.
A public meeting is being held Thursday night to discuss the proposed North Woodbridge Interchange at Route 1 and Route 123.
The Alexandria City Council has unanimously approved a special taxing district to help finance a $240 million Metro station at Potomac Yard, along the existing Blue Line.
The last stretch of the Fairfax County Parkway opens after a 10 a.m. ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Tight budgets are forcing transportation leaders to make some tough choices about what regional projects should move forward and which ones will be delayed or possibly even canceled.
Tags: District Department of Transportation , DDOT , VDOT , Maryland State Highway Administration , Virginia Department of Transportation , Capital Beltway , Interstate 495 , Route 7 , Dulles Toll Road , Greenbelt , Father Hurley Boulevard , Wisteria Drive , Germantown Road , Columbia Pike , Sligo Creek Parkway , bike lanes , streetcars