Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Roth TSP
The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board conducted a survey to find out why so many former feds are withdrawing all the money from their Thrift Savings Plan accounts so soon after retirement.
Tom O'Rourke, partner at Miles and Stockbridge, answers your income tax questions.
September 15, 2014
Certified financial planner Nick Martinez joins the show to discuss how to handle your finances and establish goals if you are a new federal employee.
August 11, 2014
Federal benefits expert James Marshall will answer your questions about Social Security benefits.
January 20, 2014
Hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan discuss how to transfer funds to a Roth IRA and avoid incurring an income tax.
August 5, 2013
Federal Managers Association President Pat Niehaus and Federal Times reporters Steve Losey and Sean Reilly join host Mike Causey to talk about sequestration and other issues affecting feds.
January 30, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , government shutdown , furloughs , sequestration , federal managers , Federal Managers Association , Pat Niehaus , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , Sean Reilly , Mike Causey , Your Turn
Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan host a round table discussion of the Thrift Savings Plan and what's ahead for the TSP this year.
January 7, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , retirement , Thrift Savings Plan , Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board , Greg Long , Kim Weaver , Laurissa Stokes , G Fund , Bob Leins , Tammy Flanagan , For Your Benefit
Arthur Stein, a financial planner and former federal manager, told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp Wednesday that FERS has been a boon for feds, both young and old.
The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which manages the TSP, is mulling whether to add a new option to federal employees' (401)k-style retirement plan: a mutual fund window. The mutual fund window would allow participants to move investments out of the TSP funds they've invested in and into a private-sector suite of mutual funds. However, the board is still studying the issue, Kim Weaver, the director of external affairs for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, told In Depth with Francis Rose. No changes are imminent.
The rollout of the Roth option for the Thrift Savings Plan, which would allow federal employees to invest already-taxed income, has long been discussed in the federal pay-and-benefits world. That launch moved another step closer, with the planned publication Wednesday of draft regulations in the Federal Register. And TSP participants will soon have more information about what the plan will look like.