Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Romania
The United States will deploy F-16 fighter jets to Romania this month as part of planned joint exercises in the wake of rising tensions in neighboring Ukraine after Russia's annexation of Crimea. President Barack Obama has said NATO needs to boost its presence in eastern European countries that feel vulnerable to Russia. The small Baltic states are particularly nervous about a more assertive Russia.
Romania's Crime and Terrorism Investigative Group announced the arrest of a 26-year-old who caused $500,000 in damages to NASA's network.
Romania's defense department has approved a U.S. plan to deploy interceptor missiles there as part of a missile shield to protect Europe. A State Department spokesman said the facilities were due to become operational by 2015 and were aimed at defending against "current and emerging ballistic missile threats from Iran."The announcement is part of the revamped U.S. missile defense approach to take the place of a scuttled plan for a radar site and interceptor rockets in the Czech Republic and Poland.