Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Roger Waldron
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities.
Tags: Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Dan Tangherlini , Dave McClure , 18F , GSA , technology , cybersecurity , Matt Chessen , State , PTO , sequestration , Tony Scardino , HSPD-12 , DoD , Phyllis Schneck
The General Services Administration is introducing a tech start-up mentality to the federal government. GSA's new 18-F program aims to quickly deliver new user-friendly technologies at a low cost. Roger Waldron, president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, wrote a letter to the associate administrator in the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, Dave McClure, asking for an open and competitive procurement process.
Former Inspector General of the General Services Administration Brian Miller says IGs are in the spotlight more these days. He shares advice and best practices for contractors being audited by IGs.
Former General Services Administration Inspector General Brian Miller, will discuss MAS audits, the mandatory disclosure rule and the role the IG plays within GSA.
May 6, 2014
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Multiple award schedule contracting , audits , mandatory disclosure rule , contract compliance , GSA IG audits , GSA , Works Progress Administration , Department of Justice , healthcare fraud , Brian Miller , Navigant , Off the Shelf ,
The General Services Administration and the Office of Personnel Management will move ahead with a partnership to manage a multiple award contract for human capital and training services. The agencies issued a memorandum of understanding detailing each agency's roles -- GSA will take over facets of acquisition and OPM is responsible for services side of the contract. GSA Administrator Dan Tangherlini says the end goal is to procure these types of services at a lower price.
Tom Davis, director of Federal Government Affairs for Deloitte, what the government could do to become leaner and more efficient.
April 29, 2014
Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Tom Sharpe tried to balance the need for management oversight with contracting officer autonomy. But some in industry worry that the new memo does nothing more than add more paperwork to a broken process.
Bloomberg Government analyst Brian Friel will talk about last year's largest multiple award contracts and trends in contract usage for big Macs.
April 22, 2014
David Ramirez, general manager of the Federal Solutions business unit at the L-3 National Security Solutions group, will discuss innovation and what agencies are looking for in terms of services and technologies.
April 15, 2014
David Dowd, partner at Mayer Brown LLP, will give us his thoughts on the Mandatory Disclosure Rule, and other legal issues.
April 8, 2014