Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Roger Greenwell
Agencies and universities are refining job descriptions, revamping training and education programs and helping industry, academia and government to begin to reach consensus on the makeup of a modern-day cybersecurity workforce. The Office of Personnel Management also has made changes to personnel systems so that job descriptions map to the framework. The plan already has had in impact on cyber education at colleges and universities across the country.
Tags: cybersecurity , technology , NIST , DHS , NSA , DISA , Peggy Maxon , Charles Clancy , Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University , Hume Center for National Security and Technology , Jared Serbu , INSA , workforce
Frank Kendall, undersecretary of defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, discusses which elements of the Better Buying Power Initiative have been successful. Plus, Henry Sienkiewicz, vice chief information assurance executive at the Defense Information Systems Agency and Roger Greenwell, DISA's director for field security operations join us to talk about the agency's plan to build on its track record of information assurance training and develop modular, DoD-wide training for specific cyber roles across the military services.
Military's cyber leaders say job satisfaction has so far trumped salary concerns when it comes to building and retaining a workforce of elite cyber warriors. Building the capacity of that training pipeline is the next challenge.
Tags: Obama Impact , DoD , cybersecurity , workforce , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Air Force , Michael Basla , Navy , Michael Rogers , Keith Alexander , U.S. Cyber Command , DISA , Henry Sienkiewicz , training , Jared Serbu , On DoD , DoD Report , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive