Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Roger Baker
The Department of Veterans is moving its electronic health record system to the open source community.
Two separate incidents at Veterans Affairs result in credit protection services for 1,600 vets
The monthly data breach report from the Veterans Affairs shows risks due to human error are not as bad as they could be.
VA's Roger Baker discussed how to advance IT projects amidst uncertain budget times.
Sen. Collins asked GAO to study the current roles and responsibilities of these senior technology managers. This would be the third such study from GAO since 1996, but first since 2005. VA's CIO Roger Baker reiterates his call to give CIOs oversight and authority of their IT budget.
Tags: technology , management , Susan Collins , Vivek Kundra , Valerie Melvin , OMB , VA , DHS , Interior , GAO , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , technology management , CIO's role , IT reform , Jason Miller
Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra said he wants to move toward giving feds a subsidy - of say, $2,000 - to purchase their own devices to work on.
The administration's IT agenda for fiscal 2012 will include new tools to combat cyber threats as well as major overhauls to how agencies manage their systems. Agency CIOs say agility will be important moving forward.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , cybersecurity , Vivek Kundra , Richard Spires , GSA , USDA , VA , DHS , education , OMB , cyberstats , collaboration , agile development , IT budget , program oversight , AFCEA , Meg Beasley
VA CIO Roger Baker says Government IT systems are at increased risk to inside and outside threats because many agencies don't have a centralized budget or operational authority over their IT systems.
Government IT systems are at increased risk to inside and outside threats because departments lack centralized budget and operational authority over their IT systems, says Roger Baker.
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.