Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Robert Tobias
NSPS task force to get down into pay for performance weeds. Defense and OPM team up to announce a new task force to lead the way.
Fiscal 2011 budget provides look into how agencies will be expected to improve program departmentwide and governmentwide. The administration calls for bureau levels goals, a new performance portal and problem solving networks. Experts praise White House approach to addressing management issues.
Tags: mngt , OMB , White House , Robert Shea , Jonathan Breul , Grant Thornton , IBM , American University , management agenda , 2011 budget request , program evaluation , Performance metrics , budget
Budget cuts could undermine leadership development in the federal government, observers say. Federal News Radio's Francis Rose spoke with American University's Robert Tobias about managers who say they have less time to participate in leadership development activities.
Nearly every President since Richard Nixon tried to revamp how the government works in one way or another, and few have found any real success. Experts say the focus should be getting Congressional buy-in first, and not promising cost savings. Four senior lawmakers ask OMB for more information on the status of the current restructuring effort.
Tags: management , Jeff Zients , Moira Mack , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , OMB , White House , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , John Kamensky , Dwight Ink , Janet Hale , Thomas Reinhardt , Jim Locher , Beryl Radin , Scott Fosler , IBM , Deloitte , CSC , Project on National Security Reform , American University , NAPA , Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise , government reorganization , Jason Miller
Robert Tobias, director of Key Executive Leadership Programs at American University, says it's easy for federal managers to "hunker down" in the trenches while their budgets are under fire. But Tobias argues that now is the time to re-evaluate and improve how their employees deliver services to the public.
A coalition of businesses, associations and citizen groups rate members of Congress on how they voted on bills that promote or hurt private sector companies and forces industry to compete with the government. But some experts say the business coalition is taking a too narrow view of what the government does.
Tags: industry , contracting , OFPP , Angela Styles , John Palatiello , Colleen Kelley , Crowell and Moring , American University , NTEU , Business Coalition for Fair Procurement , insourcing , public-private competition , Jason Miller
You can gain lots of knowledge from learning how governments around the world deal with the same challenges you face every day.
Getting good results from your team is becoming more important with the administration's emphasis on results.
A team of experts on government management and performance assesses the first year of the Obama administration.
Tags: In Depth Conversation , management , technology , best practices , cybersecurity , government 2.0 , Alan Balutis , Dave McClure , Martha Dorris , Donald Kettl , John Sindelar , Allan Burman , Stephen Benowitz , Fred Thompson , Gerry Gingrich