Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Robert Tobias
Experts say Beth Cobert must take the Goldilocks approach to developing management priorities for the next three years. President Barack Obama nominated Cobert to be OMB's deputy director for management Wednesday. Performance management observers say she needs to bring energy and new ways of looking at old problems.
The Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund announced Wednesday it will have to suspend new furlough loans to civilian federal employees, due to a lack of available funds.
Scholars at American University are suggesting that one way to relieve sequester stress and increase productivity is to create stronger work relationships. Robert Tobias and Patrick Malone at AU's Department of Public Administration and Policy suggest taking time out to talk about employees' feelings.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Congress returns to session this week with a few short months to reach a budget resolution for the new fiscal year starting Oct. 1 and agree on how to avoid the automatic spending cuts of $1.2 trillion over the next decade that will be triggered Jan. 2, 2013, under the Budget Control Act debt limit deal. But don't expect much to get accomplished before the election, say budget experts.
Tags: Steve Bell , Bipartisan Policy Center , Julie Tagen , NARFE , Beth Moten , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , pay and benefits , budget , congress , Budget Control Act , sequestration , workforce , retirement , American University
Some call the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee's approval of a 10 percent cut in the federal workforce is a political statement. Others worry it portends cuts in federal pay, benefits or jobs. Federal employees' groups have stepped up lobbying efforts.
Tags: Dennis Ross , Jim Cooper , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Jessica Klement , FMA , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , Reducing the Size of the Federal Government Throug , congress , workforce , American University , Emily Kopp
Robert Tobias is director of American University's Public Sector Executive Education program, and former president of the National Treasury Employees Union. He explains why he has faith that, this time, the federal government will actually reform many of his human resources processes.
New white paper from three federal policy experts offers ideas for implementing new executive order.
NSPS task force member discusses upcoming review with FederalNewsRadio