Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Robert Shea
Frank Reeder, a principal at The Reeder Group and former OMB official, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss OMB's role in the ongoing budget process. Also, Robert Shea, a former OMB official with Grant Thornton, discussed the performance-management provisions of the 2013 budget request.
Dan Blair, president and CEO of the National Academy of Public Administration, and Robert Shea, a principal at Grant Thornton, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Robert Shea, a principal at Grant Thornton and former associate director for administration and government performance at OMB, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the leadership changes at OMB as they unfold so close to budget time.
Agencies must report data center consolidation savings this week to OMB in preparation for 2013 budget request. The administration keeps the IT passback guidance short with a focus only on a few priorities over the next year.
Federal News Radio obtained copies of the IT budget passback guidance and a more specific draft shared-services strategy. Both documents show OMB has a detailed plan for shared services despite asking for industry and agency input. Former federal officials say the shared-services strategy is part of waking up the dormant line of business and e-government initiatives.
The Office of Management and Budgets has issued guidelines for agencies on how to spend the $787 billion stimulus package, but what's next?
Chief performance officer Zients says agencies need to figure out and follow the best metrics to improve performance. Federal Performance Portal will be a one-stop shop for all agency measures that are being tracked through online dashboards.
Fiscal 2011 budget provides look into how agencies will be expected to improve program departmentwide and governmentwide. The administration calls for bureau levels goals, a new performance portal and problem solving networks. Experts praise White House approach to addressing management issues.
Tags: mngt , OMB , White House , Jonathan Breul , Robert Tobias , Grant Thornton , IBM , American University , management agenda , 2011 budget request , program evaluation , Performance metrics , budget