Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Robert Papp
Like many agencies, the Coast Guard continues to feel the effects of sequestration, reducing its operating costs by 25 percent last year. Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp talks about where the agency was impacted most and how it worked through the challenges.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The Government Accountability Office found the Coast Guard cannot meet its most recent acquisition objectives to recapitalize its aging boats and airplanes. The audit agency told Congress Tuesday the service hasn't properly aligned its ambitions with its expected budgets. The Coast Guard contends the GAO findings are out of date.
President Barack Obama's pick to lead the Coast Guard proposed major cuts to the agency's counterterrorism mission. You can imagine how that's being received. Commandant Robert Papp explains.