Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Robert Lentz
The Office of Management and Budget released a new memo Tuesday detailing the steps and deadlines agencies must meet to implement information-system continuous monitoring. The mandate comes on the heels of the General Services Administration and the Homeland Security Department releasing the first task order for continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) tools and sensors, of which Federal News Radio has exclusive details.
Identity management, standup of Cyber Command, and information sharing with the industrial base have been cited as key cyber accomplishments in the Department of Defense. But much work remains, experts say.
Tags: cybersecurity , technology , Rob Carey , Martin Dempsey , Stephen Boutelle , U.S. Cyber Command , defense industrial base , critical infrastructure , NIST , NIST special publication 800-53 Rev 3 , Host Based Security Systems , Jared Serbu , Cybersecurity Rising
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cyber security , DHS , DoD , FAA , cyber , security , Greg Schaffer , Dave Bowen , Fred Newberry , Cisco , John Bordwine , Symantec , Sam Chun , EDS , Jim Flyzik , Flyzik Group
Chief Information Assurance Officer
July 10th, 2008
The former senior technology officer at the Defense Intelligence Agency gives the Daily Debrief his thoughts on the departure of Bob Lentz.
A new directive from the military formalizes a pilot program between the DoD and the Defense Industrial Base. DoD and vendors will create an information sharing environment for threats and best practices.
Robert Lentz will leave government after almost 35 years. He worked at DoD or NSA for his entire career.
DoD's top cyber cop reflects on changes for CISOs