Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Robert Gates
In his final graduation speech as defense secretary, Robert Gates told graduates of the U.S. Naval Academy that "real leadership is a rare and precious commodity" and urged them to remember the qualities of good leaders as they continue their careers.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates made the message in a one-minute video posted online.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said the military is not the cause of the nation's debt and deficits -- but it needs to be part of the solution. And he said finding that solution could involve reexamining military pay and benefits.
U.S. Sen. Mark Warner has delivered more than 1,200 thank you messages to the Navy so they can be shared with the SEAL team responsible for killing Osama bin Laden.
The U.S. Joint Forces Command, which will be formally disestablished later this year as part of Defense Secretary Robert Gates' efficiency initiative, had several of its functions transferred to other DoD components on Tuesday. The Pentagon said the realignment would preserve critical capabilities and place them in other branches of the department's organizational chart.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he's committed to the Air Force's new refueling tanker.
Former deputy defense secretary Rudy Deleon gives his take on the President's call for Defense to slash spending.
The father of our country is on track to get a new $47 million library.
President Obama said Wednesday that a plan to cut $4 trillion in the deficit over 12 years will include spending cuts at the Defense Department.
Members of the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Personnel are studying the Defense Department's proposal to increase fees for working-age retirees who use the military's TRICARE health insurance benefit. The panel heard, in separate hearings, from DoD officials defending the increase, and retiree groups who fear it is a "camel's nose under the tent."
Tags: DoD , pay and benefits , Congress , TRICARE , health care , Stan Strobridge , Rick Jones , Niki Tsongas , Joe Wilson , National Association of Uniformed Services , Military Officers Association of America , Jared Serbu