Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Robert Gates
Sen. Tom Coburn's (R-Okla.) investigation into Veterans Affairs hospitals reveals widespread manipulation, criminal activity and poor management.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
When Robert Gates was secretary of Defense, he tried three years in a row to increase out-of-pocket expenses for TRICARE participants. But Congress voted that down every time.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta pleaded with Congress Wednesday to avoid the disaster of automatic defense cuts even as he criticized lawmakers' affection for protecting aging ships and aircraft.
Memo calls for smaller scale, incremental programs. Army must have plan in place in 30 days on how it will meet new project goals.
DoD authorization bill calls for all converted employees to return to GS system. Legislation also would suspend A-76 for three years.
Tags: Pay & Benefits , contracting , Rep. Ike Skelton , Rep. Jim Langevin , Rep. Susan Davis , Rep. Carol Shea-Porter , DoD , House Armed Services Committee , NSPS , pay for performance , A-76 , Public-private competitions , acquisition reform , pay raise , General Schedule system
Experts say command would better organize military capabilities
Defense still will have money in pay pools for performance-based increases or bonuses. Secretary Gates says he decided to make the raises equal because of ongoing review of NSPS.