Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Rob Carey
In the Defense department, the goal of consolidating tens of thousands of IT systems and networks into a more manageable structure is not exactly new. But some leaders in the department think with new budget pressures in play, they'll be able to make some serious progress.
The Navy has a new chief information officer. Terry Halvorsen received the promotion today from Secretary Ray Mabus.
Rob Carey is following Dave Wennergren for a third time. Carey will become the new Defense Department deputy chief information officer as of Oct. 24,
Rob Carey, the Navy CIO, signs an electronic signature policy to let Navy offices move to online processes. Carey said the memo is not a mandate, but serves as a catalyst for program managers who believe it makes business sense to move processes away from paper
August 10th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on CyberSecurity in the federal government,top cybersecurity priorities, key challenges to still overcome in IT Security, lessons learned, and a vision for the future - how can we be proactive and prevent attacks?
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cybersecurity , Greg Schaffer , DHS , Navy , Pat Howard , Joseph MOorcones , SafeNet , Sam Chun , HP , Ed White , McAfee , Jim Flyzik , Trezza , Flyzik Group
Rob Carey is transitioning out of the CIO role and into more of an operational position where he will focus on cyber strategy and policy for all Navy networks.
He plans on taking a new position later this summer. Carey says after three years in the position, it's time to move on to new challenges.